Puppy Buyer Questionnaire
Your assistance in completing this questionnaire will help us in placing the right puppy in your home. Please know all KaraGold puppies are placed into homes where they are going to live in the house and be part of the family. These questions are not meant to be judgmental in any way, so please feel free to be candid in your responses. Thank you for your cooperation and your interest in a KaraGold puppy.
State: Zip Code:
Phone Number: (H) (Cell)
Spouses’ Name & Occupation:
Number of Family Members:
Ages of Children:
1. How did you hear about KaraGold Goldens?
2. Why have you decided to buy a Golden Retriever?
3. Which gender do you prefer?
4. If your first choice (Male or Female) is not available would you consider taking a puppy of the opposite sex or would you want to wait for another litter?
If you are flexible it greatly increases your chances of getting a puppy from the litter in which you are interested. Also, it helps the Breeder find just the right puppy for your family’s lifestyle.
5. What is the most important reason for purchasing a Golden?
Family Companion Hunting/Field Work
Show Dog Agility
Breeding Prospects Pet Therapy
6. Have you completed any AKC/CKC titles on other dogs?
7. Would you consider an adult Golden Retriever if available?
8. Do you currently own other pets?
If yes, please describe breed, spayed/neutered, and ages of each:
9. What type of personality are you looking for?
Middle of the Road
10. Is your yard completely fenced?
Please check all that apply:
Yard not fenced
Will fence yard
Other, please describe:
11. Where will the Golden be accommodated during the day?
12. Have you or are you willing to Crate Train the puppy?
13. Will someone be home with the puppy during the day?
14. If not, are you willing to make arrangements to feed and exercise your puppy?
(Pet sitter, neighbor, family member)
Please provide details:
15. When this puppy is purchased as a family companion, do you agree to have it spayed (females) by 9-12 months of age or neutered (males) no later than 1 year of age and submit a Veterinarian Certificate to the Breeder as proof of surgery for her records?
16. Are you willing to take your puppy to ‘Puppy Kindergarten’/ socialization and basic obedience classes to insure that you have a well-mannered, enjoyable companion?
17. If yes, who in your home, will do the training?
18. Do you have a swimming pool?
19. Do you have a veterinarian?
20. Please provide the names & contact information of 2 references:
21. Any additional information is welcome:
All of our companion pet puppies are sold with AKC Limited Registration and spay/neuter contracts. This means that the dog is eligible to be registered, however, none of the offspring are eligible for registration. In other words, this dog is NOT to be bred. A dog with Limited Registration, as well as a spayed/neutered dog can compete in all AKC events except in the Conformation (Breed) ring.